Sunday, January 8, 2012

"Quarantine"






Not exactly a quarantine, but I've banished myself
 to the craft dungeon as much as possible to avoid catching the bug my family has.
I figure the less of the same air I breathe as they do, the less chance I have of catching it !
I have also been diligent about washing hands, using hand sanitizer and disinfectant spray.
I stocked the fridge with home made vegetable beef soup, home made chicken noodle soup, 
fresh oranges and orange juice. Knocking on wood I don't catch what they brought home !



With that said, and the arrival of my new Stampin' Up! goodies,
I decided to make a couple of cards as well as work on reorganizing my supplies.

After much deliberation, I decided to buy the Stampin' Up! In Color families from the past two years. 
I could have lived without them since several of them are so similar to retired colors I already have. 
Then again, it will be nice to have the slightly different shades. 

Pictured above is the first card I made with the new Framelits Labels die and Apothecary Art stamp set.
I really, really did not need more stamps and dies, but these were soooo pretty. 

The base is Almost Amethyst (retired); Wisteria Wonder would work just as well.
I used the Tulip Frame Textured Impressions Embossing Folder then lightly sponged 
on Whisper White Craft ink to the raised portions with a sponge dauber.

The image from Apothecary Art was stamped with Basic Black ink on watercolor paper then watercolored with Almost Amethyst, Wisteria Wonder, Certainly Celery and Barely Banana classic inks.
I added rhinestones to the centers of a few flowers.

I cut out the image with the new Labels Framelits die from Stampin' Up!
The Certainly Celery piece was cut with the next size up Framelis diet.
NOTE: there was a neat edge around the cutout frame on the leftover piece, 
I used it on another card I will post later. 
I'm not sure if that will happen with regular card stock though,
the water color paper is thicker so that is probably why the impression was left.




The watercolored piece is mounted to the Certainly Celery piece with Stampin' Dimensionals.

I ran a piece of Barely Banana organdy ribbon (retired) around the card,
between the stamped image and Certainly Celery mat.

The insisde was lined with a piece of Whisper White card stock that I stamped an image 
from the retired stamp set Soft Summer onto.


Check back tomorrow to see the card I made with 
the leftover frame. 
So many possibilities with these new dies !!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for looking =) 

1 comment:

  1. Heather this is GORGEOUS! I love the colors you chose and the watercoloring is beautiful!
    There is a slight 'frame' with regular cardstock, but not nearly as defined as with the watercolor paper.
    Off to see what you created with the frame!!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)