Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Attic Tour

I thought I'd share a few photos of the old attic since I mentioned it yesterday.  





The pull down ladder we installed. 







The floor - and this is the best part, everywhere else I balance on rafters or a few old boards tossed down.





There is a decent amount of space up here. Granted not as much due to the sloped ceiling/walls, but enough and certainly with plenty of head room to make a nice sized room for me . Seems like a wasted space to me.





Yikes ! Charred wood ! We have no idea how this happened - or how the entire house did not catch on fire. It was like this when we bought the place. The home inspector and the roofing contractor were both amazed at it as well.




  


The large old window that has been laying on the floor in a corner since we moved in 13 years ago. I have always wanted to drag it out, see if I could salvage it into a frame. I have no idea where I would hang it since we don't really have wall space large enough for it. I did bravely, after all of these years, work my way over to it and drag it to the center of the room for a closer look. Great idea but one I may not be able to do since it looks pretty bad, fragile.


I have much more work to do to get it organized as I would like. And I may just call a couple of contractors for ha-ha's to see what it might take to turn this into a really neat space !!! Perhaps I could find out how to be entered on a home improvement show, they could see the potential and help finish it off ?

2 comments:

  1. I think entering it into a home improvement site it just the idea! It would make an AWESOME room.
    Even if you have to do it a little at a time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...this looks like somewhere I would have spent countless hours as a child! It just seems to hold so many adventures waiting to be had! I love the 'ceiling'!! Although, I'm sure if you wanted to use the space year round, they would have to close them in with insulation to keep the temperature bearable. I always wanted an attic space, but everywhere I have ever lived had minimum crawling space.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)