Thursday, March 22, 2012

Baby Boy Shower Gift

front




This mini photo album/brag book was originally made for a craft fair I had a booth at a few years ago. It didn't sell, not even for $1 ! I didn't have good luck there and haven't been to one since. There are many other projects from that weekend I posted on the blog, during September 2010. This little 4x6 album will be put in a basket of goodies we are giving the mom to be at her shower. 

This little album has been patiently waiting in my stash for someone in the family to have a baby. The time has come. In fact, I have a second album leftover that will be given to another expectant mom in two months ! I'll share that album and card in another post.

This album was made with various craft supplies from my stash. I don't really know where all of the items are from, but here is what I can tell you:

The "my" and "carson" were made by stamping the Jumbo Outline Alphabet letters from Stampin' Up! onto pale yellow and white striped paper then hand cut out with scissors. I didn't have any alphabet dies or a cool Cricut machine when I made this.

The word "little" was stamped with Snap Stamps and Summer Sun ink from Stampin' Up!

The turquoise card stock is embossed with the Stars embossing folder from my Cuttlebug collection.

The star punches are from various manufacturers.

The ribbon came from a dollar store years ago.

The gold brad was found in the office supplies section of a discount store years ago.

Mat pack and paper piercer to pierce the top edge of the white card stock.





back











This is SUCH an old card ! I've hung onto this sample for (I'm ashamed to admit this.....) 
11 years !!!!!!!!!!!!! 


The card was made with supplies all from Stampin' Up!, most of which are now retired:
Whisper White, Bliss Blue and Brocade Blue card stock
Brocade Blue, Blush Blossom, Pretty In Pink, Bliss Blue inks
Cuddles and Tickles Stamp set
White organdy ribbon
large square punch and coordinating brass template for the paper piercing





Here is the cute invite we received:





Thanks for looking =) 

1 comment:

  1. Adorable! I understand your frustration at the craft fair! I have attempted to sell cards in the past at places like that and always got disappointed that they wouldn't sell. Now I make them and give them as gifts and they seem to be appreciated! Maybe some day I'll try selling again.
    Your album is adorable and I'm floored that no one bought it! LOL at your card (I have some that old too!), but it is so adorable! How cute is that invitation! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)