Saturday, March 24, 2012

Baby Gift 3



A gift I made in 2007 for a mother to be :
box filled with 50 (yes 50!) thank you notes
and matching envelopes.

Since I posted the baby gifts the past two days, I decided to look through old blog posts to see if I ever shared a few others I've made over the years.  They are quite old, but I'll share them anyway because they may give you an idea. 
Actually there are a few others I made but never photographed. 
I've made so many projects over the years, most of which were never photographed. 


The box came from a dollar store, it was designed to hold CDs.

I decorated the front flip flap with my own plaid card stock that I made using the Plaid Maker from Stampin ' Up! (no longer available). It was a fun tool, a plastic stencil with lines that you would sponge or brayer inks onto to make plaids. Barely Banana, Bliss Blue, Brocade Blue were the colors I used I believe.

I stamped "baby" with the jumbo alphabet and Bliss Blue ink from Stampin' Up!, cut out by hand with scissors.

The cute little words were stamped with Brocade Blue ink and a tiny roller stamp from another company. 

The adorable footprints were from the Cuddles and Tickles stamp set, retired from Stampin' Up!
Thank You is also from a retired stamp set, Stampin' Up!

The baby feet were stamped in Bliss Blue ink, overstamped with Versamark ink then heat embossed with an iridescent/clear embossing powder.

The polka dot organdy ribbon came from an online source.

Bliss Blue and Whisper White card stock for the card - with real stitching done by sewing machine !

I used the Sweet Feet stampin' around roller and Bliss Blue ink to stamp along the bottom of the inside of the cards and the edge of the envelopes.

I included a list of ideas to use the box for afterwards.

Thanks for looking =)

2 comments:

  1. What a super box , fab work I love that bow. Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. The card is so sweet and I love the altered box! Such a great gift idea!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)