Sunday, March 25, 2012

Baby Gift Set 4

Another old set of items I made for a baby shower in 2005.
Gosh, it doesn't seem like it has been 7 years since I've made this gift set !

I used to really like making gift bags like this.
Making the top cover took a bit of engineering, 
but it isn't too difficult. 


Decorate a plain handled gift bag as you like
(I used various stamps from Stampin' Up! and Bliss Blue ink)

Make a matching gift card.

Make an envelope either from scratch if you have an odd size card or by sealing a regular envelope then cutting off an edge. Be sure to punch a semi circle on the top edge to make it easier to remove the gift card. Adhere envelope  to bag.

The easeiest way to try to tell you how to make the bag cover is to measure the length and the width of the opening. Add at least 2" to each of these measurements. It really depends on how far down you want the sides to come or if you want to use a border punch on the edges as to how much more you need to add to the length and width measurements.

Score along the these measurements one inch (pr more depending on how far you want it to come down the sides of the bag), fold on score lines then snip in on one section of each corner so they can fold in. it's just like making a box lid. 

Cut  a slit with an xacto knife along the long folds on the top of the bag just long enough and wide enough (about 1/4" wide) to go over the handles.

Fold in all edges and adhere. It will look like the lid to a box.

Slide over the handles on the bag. 





 before


after


A plain old 5x5 photo album bought at a dollar store. 
The plastic cover had "Our Wedding" embossed on it so 
I removed it then stamped the cover of the album with Stazon ink 
and stamps from Stampin' Up!

I made a tag with Sculpey clay that I smooshed the footprint rubber stamp
from Cuddles and Tickles stamp set (retired, Stampin' Up!) into. 
I baked it then painted it, adhered it to layers of card stock
and gingham check ribbon.

I added super simple, plain pages to the album. 







before



after



A little 6x6 shadowbox bought at a dollar store that I dismantled and repainted.
I added some home made doo dads to make a little memory box. 
I made this when using bottle caps was all the rage !



Thanks for looking =) 

1 comment:

  1. Your little walk down memory lane is so inspiring! I would never have seen a baby album looking at Our Wedding! The footprints are awesome and the shadow box is so sweet! Love the dressed up gift bag too!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)