Friday, March 23, 2012

Baby Girl Shower Gift









At the request of a local lady wanting to know 
how to make onesie cards she was seeing all over the internet, 
I made this card sample back in September 2010.
I added the ruffled bottom and embossed edges idea
to the photo she showed me. 
 She decided it was too much work and
aggravation to make dozens of invites like that
(especially since she had such a short time to get them done!).




The ruffled bottom was made by punching light weight paper
with an eyelet border punch then scrunching them together.
I attached the rows of ruffles with super sticky double stick tape.



however there are many other patterns 
and tutorials available on the internet. 



This has been in my card box waiting for the opportunity 
to be sent to a new baby girl -
I should be able to send it out in June finally !

Supplies from Stampin' Up!:
DD Noah stamp set -
    for the sheep
black embossing powder -
    to heat emboss the sheep
Empressor stylus and home made template -
    to make the edges of the onesie have dimension
Pink Passion (?) card stock and marker
metallic silver card stock -
   to make the faux brads, mail friendly
1/4" circle punch -
   for the "brads"
large circle punch - 
  to punch the leg openings
Supplies bought elsewhere:
dimensional puff paper paint -
  for the sheeps wool
fine point black Sharpie marker -
  for the sheep eyes









Another brag book that didn't sell from the 
craft fair a couple of years ago.
I will give it, along with the card above, to a mom to be in June.
We'll get her a basket of goodies and stick this in there. 
I may even make a baby headband (or several!) with some of my dies,
especially if we get some adorable baby clothes for the basket of goodies.


Baja Breeze and Pink Pirouette card stock and ink, Stampin' Up!
green mulberry paper
striped paper was actually a disposable paper placemat!
white grosgrain ribbon - Stampin' Up!
daisy punch - Stampin' Up!
rhinestone brad - Stampin' Up!
"M"and "S"  from the Jayne's Type Alphabet, Stampin' Up! 
Elements Of Style stamp set, Stampin' Up!
"Brag Book" was made with Snap Stamps 



Thanks for looking =) 

2 comments:

  1. How clever is that little dress card Heather I love it Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so inspired! I've made the onesie cards, but the ruffled bottom is ADORABLE!!!!! My niece is expecting and it's a girl. Guess what her card will look like?!
    Another super cute photo album! If you make the headbands, I want to see them!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)