Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Classic Convertibles - Chevy masculine card



We are looking at near record, if not record breaking, highs this week.
84 Monday tied the record high, close to it again Tuesday 
and looks like we may break it today.....
much too warm (hot!) too soon ! 
Yep, perfect convertible driving weather - if I had one !


Just playing around with an idea.... it turned out okay.
It is a simple, colorful variation of the faux black and white card I made.
It is also a variation of the crayon resist technique.

All supplies were from Stampin' Up!

Stamp the image (from Classic Convertibles, retired from Stampin' Up!)
with Basic Black ink onto glossy white card stock.
Use a white crayon to mark on areas that you wish to remain white.
Over stamp the image (I used a large scrap of rubber cut out from one of my frame stamps)
with a classic ink color. I used Tempting Turquoise.
Once it is totally dry, lightly rub a tissue on the areas where you used the crayon. 
This will remove the ink, revealing the white. 


Stamp the image from the Riveting stamp set with Whisper White craft ink
onto Basic Black card stock and punch out.
Punch out a smaller circle from metallic silver card stock and 
adhere to the center of the Riveting image to resemble a wheel and tire.

I used the retired Tire Tracks Stampin' Around wheel with 
Versamark ink on Tempting Turquoise card stock. 

The black layers are actually done with a marker, 
using the Tip I posted on yesterdays card. 

Thanks for looking =) 

2 comments:

  1. Adorable! I wish I had a convertible too! We're having warm weather also - been outside in the garden already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so awesome! You have such an eye for knowing where to place the highlighted areas on these images! Fantastic card!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)