Monday, March 19, 2012

Mixed Bunch Birthday Card 1




Mixed Bunch stamp set and Blossom punch from Stampin' Up!
Celebrate Today is from an old retired stamp set from Stampin' Up!


I rolled the edges of the large flower stamp with the Vintage Violet ink after inking up the entire image with the Wisteria Wonder.

Glitter in the center of the flower petals was adhered with clear drying liquid glue.

The center was stamped with Daffodil Delight ink, punched out and attached with a dimensional.

The leaves were punched from Old Olive card stock then the edges sponged.

Thin strips of Old Olive card stock were "quilled" to make the curly cues.

The base is a speckled card stock.

The "mat" is a white core decorative card stock that I think was from Lasting Impressions. I used the new edgelits die and coordinating embossing folder from Stampin' Up! to make the decorative edge that was then lightly sanded to reveal the white core.  I really like using white core card stock for some projects; it does add a little extra something to the right project.


Thanks for looking =)

2 comments:

  1. Heather this is a gorgeous card I love the colour and that flower is FAB Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh....this is so pretty! I love the curly tendrils coming off of the glittery flower! The white core is wonderful on this and adds just the right amount of distressing without being too shabby! Fantastic card!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)