Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Repurposed Jar = Flower Vase


** Happy Spring ! ** 



Science has never drummed up quite as effective a tranquilizing agent as a sunny spring day.  ~W. Earl Hall 








I love to repurpose items, giving them a second life.


BEFORE:

This was a jar that held jam in it .
It may have been the one from the Cornish Game Hen recipe I made.


It had a little bit different shape to it so I held onto it for a
 "one of those days I'll do something with it" projects.
That I did, I made it into a vase a couple of weeks ago 
when the daffodils bloomed early here !


As for spring, it has felt more like summer these past couple of weeks with highs in the mid 80s ! 
I think we are skipping spring and going right into summer here this year.
We only had one snowfall - and that was 2" that barely stuck to the grassy areas for a day !
I'm so not ready for summers heat and humidity. 



All supplies for this project were from Stampin' Up!,
some of which are no longer available:
Barely Banana card stock
Daffodil Delight card stock and ink
Certainly Celery card stock
Groovy Guava (I think...) card stock scrap
Flexible Phrases stamp set
Mixed Bunch stamp set
Blossom punch
Build A Blossom punch 
Ribbon Lace punch
circle punches
paper piercer
Brass template 
Butterflies embosslits die
Stripes embossing folder
rhinestones - color with a permanent marker

Available where craft supplies are sold:
Sunflower acrylic craft ink 




Thanks for looking =) 

3 comments:

  1. LOVE your repurposed vase and the daffodils are beautiful! We are having similar temps here. I worked outside over the weekend and broke out in a sweat! So not ready for this...

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Very cool! I could only hope to be so lucky as to have such beautiful flowers grow in my yard!!! If I had enough jars i could use those to make floral arrangements for my reception!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)