Monday, March 12, 2012

Thoughts of Father - masculine card






What car guy doesn't dream of coming across a "field find" or barn find" old car, 
one that has been long forgotten but could be brought back to life ?
This image reminds me of those types of cars 
and I think most car guys would like the image - even if it does have flowers on it.


I know we think how great it would be to come across one, 
yet we already have one in a barn:
My first car I bought in 1986 and fixed up with money I saved.
Can't even tell it is a 1979 Mustang coupe.

 This is how it looks today, buried in the barn again (above).

Sadly, it's been buried for a little over 20 years now.
It was dug it out in 2007 to see how much work it was going to need.
It was quickly rolled back into the barn =)   Poor car.....




Anyway, back to the card I wanted to share!



Love that image from the Thoughts Of Father stamp set from Stampin' Up!
It can be time consuming to color though.
I like to try to color the old car so that it looks rusty. 
I use classic inks from Stampin' Up! and a watercolor pen to paint with.

The image was stamped on Naturals Ivory card stock.
I distresed the edges. 
The mat is Chocolate Chip.
The base is Kraft that I ran the bottom portion of through a paper crimper.
Chocolate grosgrain ribbon. 
A button off of an old shirt destined for the rag bag
(I love repurposing items!) for embellishment. 

Thanks for looking =) 

1 comment:

  1. Such a great card and I agree that the flowers work here! Love the button!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)