Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Punched Easter Egg Wreath Card





This is a pretty simple card, the idea came from a wreath I made many years ago. I imagine someone has made a card similar to this before.

The card base is Kraft from Stampin' Up!, stamped with the Woodgrain background stamp and Itty Bitty Backgrounds stamp using Kraft in...... oops, I keep forgetting, I think it's called Crumb Cake now, not Kraft. I also sponged the same ink around the edges.

I put on a thick layer of clear drying glue, added "grass" from a gift basket last Christmas. I like to repurpose items, so this was a different and fun way to use a little bit of that grass. I set it aside to dry for several hours with the Woodgrain stamp in its box on top of it to weight down the grass into the glue. It would have been faster to use hot melt glue, but I knew I'd burn a couple = if not more! - of my fingers trying to stick the grass into the hot glue before it cooled off.

I used the 3/4" x 15/16" punch from Stampin' Up! to punch out eggs from decorative paper. The paper I used was actually a paper placemat, another fun use for an ordinary item ! I lightly smooshed them into the palm of my hand with my fingertip to try to give them a bit of curve, dimension. I then applied think lines of Diamonds glitter glue on each egg. They were attached to the wreath with hot glue.

The bow was made from 5/8" pink grosgrain ribbon and adhered with hot glue.

Thanks for looking =)

1 comment:

  1. Another great idea! The placemat is the perfect 'paper' for those eggs!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)