Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Sympathy Card 1






I had to make three more Sympathy Cards this past week.

I raided my scraps to come up with these fairly flat, simple enough cards to mail. I didn't want anything that had to be taken to the Post Office to be checked for extra postage since I wasn't going into town anytime soon. I make as few trips as possible, always have, but with gas so high it is even more important to not drive in for one little errand. My gas hog SUV only gets 13 miles to the gallon - so it is nearly a gallon of gas each way just to get to town then back ! That's currently about $8 each time I drive to in....... I know, quit my complaining, it could be so much worse !

This particular card (the finished size is 5" x 7" ) uses the first attempt at stamping and coloring on fabric with regular markers that I tried a few years ago. That finished card can be seen here.

 items used from Stampin ' Up!
Elements of Style stamp set
Loving Memories stamp set
Very Vanilla card stock
So Saffron card stock
So Saffron ink
Basic Brown ink
various markers
scoring board
Stampin' pastels

 other items:
fabric
sewing machine
Nestabilites dies

 Thanks for looking =)

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! I have never tried this and love how soft it looks!
    I know how you feel about the gas! I have a VW which gets pretty good gas mileage, but I still try to only make one trip to town if I can manage it!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)