Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Get Well Soon Card



I made this card for an aunt that recently had surgery. 

At a baby shower not too long ago she mentioned seeing 
my zebra butterfly photo in the local newspaper .
She said how pretty the butterfly photo must have been in real life,
she had never seen a butterfly like that either. 

I wanted to send her a print of it
and thought making it into a Get Well Soon card would be perfect.

All supplies used were from Stampin' Up! unless noted otherwise. 

The outside is just the print attached to the 5" x 7" 
Whisper White card front with photo mounts. 
I wanted to attach magnetic sheet to the back
of the photo in case she would like to stick it to up somewhere,
but the magnets I had were not large enough. 

The inside was created with Watercolor Crayons.
The first time I have ever used them - I sure need practice !

The clouds/sky were made by freehand cutting out a stencil 
from scrap paper and sponging Bashful Blue ink over it. 

The stamp images are from these sets:
Inspired By Nature
Garden Silhouettes
Stem Silhouettes

The butterfly die cut is from the Beautiful Wings die.
I colored it with Basic Black and Real Read markers
and mounted it with a dimensional.

The framed sentiment was created with the Labels Framelits die
and Bashful Blue card stock. 

I stamped Whisper White card stock with Wisteria Wonder ink and 
a stamp from the old set Versatile Verses. 

The green card stock is from an unknown manufacturer,
it is nearly identical to Green Galore and has a slight texture to it. 


Thanks for looking =) 


1 comment:

  1. First of all, I think your coloring is wonderful! This is such a great card with the beautiful picture on the front and your artistic version inside! This is sure to make her feel better and brighten her day!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)