Saturday, June 30, 2012

Happy Fourth Card 1


This is the first of several Patriotic / Independence Day cards 
that I will be posting the next few days.
 Click on the "Patriotic" label on the left side of my blog
 to see more red, white and blue projects I've shared 
(those that I remembered to tag!).

 Happy Fourth of July !


All images, inks and card stock from Stampin' Up!
This card is the perfect example of how well Stampin' Up!
stamp sets and Stampin' Around wheel images coordinate. 

Real Red
Brilliant Blue
 Whisper White 
Happy Fourth stamp set (three multicolored images on top)
 Happy Fourth Stampin' Around wheel (background)
Silver and Blue glitter adhered with Crystal Effects


Start by creating a mask to cover up the portion of the background you wish to be blue.
A mask is a simple piece of paper cut to fit the area of your project that you wish to protect.
I normally use old scratch paper and sometimes sticky note paper. 
For this project a square sticky note worked perfectly to cover the area
I wanted to remain all white as I rolled on the red ink design.

Roll on red ink across the card and mask to simulate red stripes of a flag.

Remove mask and make another to cover the red portions.
For this mask I used scratch paper cut slightly bigger than the card.
I removed a square area the size of the solid white background
that was left from the first masking so I could roll blue ink in it.
The mask prevents the blue ink form getting onto the rolled red areas.

Roll on blue ink to simulate the blue area of the flag. 

Color stamp images with water based markers to get the multi colored effect.

Stamp images and mount to blue card stock.

Apply Crystal Effects or glue to the stars then add glitter. 

Be sure to stamp the inside of the card as well as the envelope !

Side note: funny how the exploding firework image reminds me of a spider-
I found the big dead spider in my craft dungeon while working on the patriotic cards. 


Thanks for looking =) 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the fireworks card! I love it! I have it on my desk :) Happy 4th to you and yours as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you did the two colors with the wheel! Such a cool effect! LOL at the spider fireworks!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)