Friday, June 29, 2012

Mailing A Smile


Aren't these the most adorable postage stamps ever ??!?

I had to make a stop by the Post Office to
mail out my patriotic cards. 
I didn't really need new stamps just yet, 
but could not resist buying these and using them already =)

I've always tried to buy fun, different postage stamps.
I keep one for myself to add to my "collection",
you never know, they may be worth something someday (right.......).
I used to think it would be neat if I could make money off of them
then use the money to take a trip to visit my pen pal !

I started "collecting" postage stamps when I was in fourth grade
after a presentation from a postal worker/stamp collector.
None of mine are worth anything except
 to look at the little pieces of art that they are.  
There are some I bought through those 
"grab bag" offers you see advertised
that come from all over the world,
but most of my stamps are what came in the mail to me
from a long time pen pal.
I also saved stamps from my parents mail way back when
and remember my grandmother saving some of their stamps for me.

To this day I always save new to me stamps 
and am thrilled to see a different stamp on an envelope.
Sadly, nowadays it it mostly junk mail with those 
presorted stamps or bulk mail images.
When I do get a piece of real mail with a neat stamp,
I immediately cut it off and put it in my little stamp collection drawer.
At the end of the year I empty it, maybe a dozen or so new
 stamps to be put in my old collection box.
Most of them have never been mounted.
Sounds like another good project to add to my to-do list 
of things to stay indoors, keeping cool projects this summer.

Funny, I collected postage stamps
as a child and now as an adult
I have a rubber art stamp collection =)

1 comment:

  1. I just bought these the other day as well! Great minds! Had to smile at the little twist to your collecting!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)