Friday, June 22, 2012

Photo Frame Redo









I didn't think to take a photo of this frame before I did some work to it. It was a chunky wood frame I bought on clearance several years ago from a dollar type store. The above photos were taken after I "altered" them.

It originally had an ugly bow hot glued to one part and flower that had a big ugly bright yellow plastic and dark green center piece in it. The dark, dark green middle made me think there was a spider in it, ick. The backs were unfinished, some parts of the painted portions on the front were incomplete, just a rough piece over all but had potential so I bought a couple of them to fix them up.

The first thing I did was remove the bow and the flower. The flower was taken apart so I could trim the fraying edges. I reassembled it better than before but left off the yellow plastic. I instead added a piece of lace trim that I did a running stitch along the edge of and gathered. That was hot glued on top of the flower layers. I then added a stamped card stock embellishment on top of that.

I used the So Many Scallops stamp set and markers as well as Whisper White and Pretty In Pink card stocks from Stampin Up!

I colored the image with the markers, stamped the image then trimmed it out with tiny sharp scissors, layering it onto a punched scallop circle (Stampin' Up! punch) of Pretty In Pink card stock.

I made a tiny "banner" and glued it on top of the first image, giving it a bit of dimension.

I used a paper piercer to punch little holes around the scallops.

Before I adhered this flowery embellishment to the frame, I had to clean and detail the existing paint job.

I made matching pink paint to touch up a few spots.

I taped off the blue stripes and painted over them with gray acrylic craft paint since those are the colors for the nursery.

I painted the edges of the frame (they were unfinished before, too) gray and the back was painted white.

I added a coat of clear sealant over all of the paint then hot glued on the flower.

See tomorrows post for the "digital art" insert I placed inside the frame.  I created it with My Digital Studio from Stampin' Up! and will share how it was made tomorrow.

Thanks for looking =)

1 comment:

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)