Sunday, June 24, 2012

Stamped Baby Onesie




My mom was tickled with how this turned out! I was so worried I might ruin it. She bought the onesie , brand new, for 25c at a resale shop and asked me to do something to it. Oh, so many ideas, but she had suggested printing baby Hampton so I used that idea. Had I ruined it, at least it wouldn't have been a waste of too much money ;)

Wash and dry the onesie first, no fabric softener.

Insert a scrap of cardboard inside the onesie before stamping. This will make it firmer to stamp on and keep ink from transferring to the other side.

Use ink or paint suitable for fabric. I used Chalk inks that Stampin' Up! used to sell .

After the ink air dried for a couple of hours, I laid a piece of clean copy weight paper over the top then ironed it on high to heat set. I honestly do not know how long the ink will stay vibrant on this, but I figure the baby may only get to wear it one time before it is outgrown anyway - it is such a teeny, tiny onesie !

The capital letters are from a clear stamp set from My Sentiments Exactly.
"sweet" is from So Very by Stampin' Up!
"girl" is made with Snap Stamps.

I sewed little ribbon flowers onto the sleeves, too. I almost made a little tutu out of tulle as well................... I was having too much fun thinking of all kinds of cute things to make, but I stopped myself.

I did make a few headbands to coordinate with the too cute outfits my mom bought. 
Stop by tomorrow to see the headbands (but not the outfits, I didn't get photos of them) !






I almost forgot, here is the gift basket of goodies I made. 
You can see instructions for the baby onesie card posted here (boy card) and 
the brag book posted here (also has the list of supplies and images for the girl onesie card with ruffled bottom I am giving the mom to be ). 
I stamped the tissue papers with images from the Cuddles and Tickles stamp set 
(Stampin' Up!) and pink inks (Stampin' Up!) .

Thanks for looking =)


3 comments:

  1. That's adorable! You are so clever making that stuff up! I still say you should have your own etsy store - You could offer custom baby shower goodies and make them to-order.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Another brilliant idea and wonderful personalized gift as well! The basket looks wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome gift! And such a clever idea you always have. I love the onsie and all the other stuff too!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)