Thursday, July 26, 2012

Cat Sympathy Card, Again




The 18 year old cat of our friends passed away recently. 
I made this quick card to send to them.

The cat image is from the adorable Meow Meow stamp set from Stampin' Up!
It is quite old, long retired but I still love it and use it.

By using water based markers to color the cat image, 
not only was I able to make it multicolored 
but I was able to omit the stripes on the cat stamp
since their cat had no stripes. 

I stamped it onto a scrap of Very Vanilla card stock and cut it out.

The 2" circle was cut with Circle Scissors Plus.
I then used a piercing tool to pierce around the edge. 
You can tell I had no template to follow since it is a bit wiggly =)

I used Versamark ink on the brown card base
with various images from the Meow Meow stamp set
to make a subtle background design.

The "doily" is made with some really old paper twist type 
of craft supply I have in my stash - and never used !
I originally bought it from a yardsale at a church YEARS ago,
paying $1 for the never used package of fancy paper twist
unlike any I had seen before.  
It promptly went into my paper twist storage tub and was forgotten about.
Fast forward several years later, when paper crafting 
 "doilies", "lollies", "fan fold flowers" -
whatever you want to call them -
is all the rage and I remembered the fancy
"Angel Lace" paper twist buried in the storage tub !

It was already crinkled and had the eyelet edges on it.
I cut the width of it in half  and used a 10" length of it to make the doily.
I applied sticky strip to the back of the brown circle then laid the
Angel Lace around it, creating a sort doily look.

The finished card size is 4.25" square .

Thanks for looking =)

EDITED TO ADD 7/30/2012
After reading a recent post on a friends blog about
the challenge at shoppingourstash.blogspot.com,
I knew I should submit this project :
Shopping Our Stash Challenge 61: Something new!

My "new" thing is the old Angle Lace paper twist I have never used in
ahem, well over 10 years  - admitted quietly, ashamedly.
I really need to Shop My Stash more =)

4 comments:

  1. I love this card! Sorry to hear yet another lost pet for someone. HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little kitty is so sweet and the doily trim is so pretty! A wonderful card to extend your sympathy! It's always hard to lose a furry family member...

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh, this is such a sweet card and i KNOW it will bring a lot of joy and comfort to your friends to have this keepsake of their kitty! with regards to 10 year old "new" stuff i think the really impressive thing here is that YOU HAVE USED IT... and it looks AWESOME!!! (but yes, of course, we'd love to have you come and play with us *EVERY* week!!!) :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe yeah for using an oldie but goodie! So sorry to hear of the occassion though.. losing a pet is always hard. I am sure your friend will appreciate your kindness. Thanks so much for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)