Saturday, July 21, 2012

Zucchini Bread



Would you believe I've NEVER had zucchini bread ? I've never even bought a zucchini ! Seriously ! One of those, "Uuummm, eew, what do you DO with it?" veggies, like some others I've never tried.

A cousin gave me two small zucchinis recently. They have a nice little garden that despite the heat and drought has been producing lots of zucchini so they've been giving them away. They insisted I take one home and make bread with it. Okay, I'll give it a try.

I searched online for a bread recipe and decided to go with the Paula Deen version at the Food Network web site. Yum ! It made more than I needed so I shared some with my parents. They gave me four thumbs up =) 

1 comment:

  1. My family grew up with zucchini in the garden so I've had more than my share of it! MY mom would get pretty creative and put it in almost everything just to use it up.
    My favorite way to eat it (other than zucchini bread) is sliced, drizzled with olive oil, a little salt and pepper and roast it in the oven. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)