Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Fiskars Fuse Contest Entry 2





This is the photo I am submitting to the contest






BUTTERFLY THOUGHTS FRAME

I used the butterfly die cut from the insert in Creating Keepsakes magazine as a dimensional embellishment for my framed butterfly photos project.

Cut out the butterfly portion of the die cut and embellish as desired. I watercolored, sprayed with glittery mist, added wire antennae, then slightly bent the wings up before mounting to the finished project with dimensional adhesive dots.

Print out saying and adhere to colored card stock, embellish as desired. I used colored rhinestone accents glued along the scallop punched edge.

Print out photos, trim and attach to decorative papers with dimensional adhesive dots. 

The Black decorative paper background is made by heat embossing clear embossing powder over Jumbo Butterfly Wheel (Stampin' Up!).


The frame is something I bought at a church rummage sale years ago - and broke as I was taking it out of my car. I kept it , determined to repair it and make something of it someday. I removed the hooks, sanded, filled the holes, painted. I did not have new glass cut since the project has dimension to it.
The black background paper has clear heat embossed butterflies.
I lightly sponged orange ink around the edges of the white card stock.
The photos are some that I took myself in my flower gardens.


Thanks for looking and if you would, take the time to look at all of the entries in the contest on the Fiskars facebook page. Of course all votes (five per day per email address) are much appreciated ! Voting starts September 3rd and ends September 16th. THANK YOU !









          

1 comment:

  1. Another fabulous creation using these die cuts!! Crossing my fingers you will be the big winner!!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)