Saturday, August 11, 2012

Glitter Paper for My Digital Studio - home made







See yesterday's post for a project with the digital Dazzling Diamonds glitter paper and details on how I made it.




I decided to give it another try, this time making digital red glitter paper and here is a quickie project made using it with My Digital Studio. Inspired by simple ornaments I made several years ago, reusing old glass ornaments. I have made a version of this card using decorative scraps and embellishments in the past. I decided it might make a pretty easy card project to show off the glitter / glimmer / shimmer papers I made. It looks pretty decent on my computer monitor, but I don't think it would look nearly as nice printed out.



Supplies used in My Digital Studio:

Whisper White, More Mustard card stock and my glitter papers

Circle, rounded corner square, oval and snowflake punches

Cherry Cobbler satin ribbon

Rhinestones

Real Red glimmer brad

Vintage Overlays for the faux dry embossed edge ("stamp" in Whisper White, center the drop shadow and play with the blur /opacity to get the effect you want)

Happy Holidays "stamped" in Cherry Cobbler





I made the red glitter paper differently, it was an experiment. I used my original Dazzling Diamonds digital file and opened it in Photoshop Elements 10. I played around with it until I figured out how to change the color (I really don't know what I am doing!). My "Aha!" moment: I opened a new adjustment layer and filled it with a solid color ( a shade of red) then reduced the opacity a bit. It isn't "shimmery" like the original file, as expected. I ought to try to make it the way I made the Dazzling Diamonds digital paper file: dump red glitter out on a piece of paper and take a photo of it.



Thanks for looking =)

1 comment:

  1. Heather! You have done it again!! This is so awesome and I really need to play around with this a little more!!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)