Saturday, August 18, 2012

I Brake for Yard Sales



You may have seen the bumper stickers on cars or heard the jokes about women and yard sales. Although that does not describe me, I did make a U-turn for a church parking lot sale recently and glad I did !

(read about a trip I made to a yard sale earlier this year here if you are a Stampin' Up! stamp set lover)

On my way in to town to do some errands, I drove by a parking lot sale at a local church. I decided I'd turn around and go back to see what they had since it wasn't too hot out yet and early in the morning. If I stopped on my way back by, I'd have a car full of groceries that would get hot but more importantly,  there might have been some bargains I missed ! Despite it being several individuals selling there stuff (lots of old junk to me, but you know the saying how one man's junk is another man's treasure....) out of their cars, I'm happy I decided to make that Uturn. I bought all 180 (that's right, one hundred and eighty!) pieces of retired Stampin' Up! colors of card stock from a lady for 5 cents a sheet ! I thought it was a great deal even if they were retired and not necessarily colors I use often. She told me that she really didn't want to take anything back home, they were leftovers from a yard sale she had a couple of weeks ago. She also had a couple dozen stamp sets priced very reasonably, but I resisted. Honestly, had they been older stamp sets I wished I would have bought years ago, I would not have hesitated to buy them, but most were the free sets from SaleABration. I really had to use my will power to pass some of them up though.
"I don't need more, I don't need more..... I don't use what I already have nearly enough not to mention I still have sets I haven't used yet. I don't need more even if they are almost half price!" Now if only I can channel that willpower towards my Dove chocolate urges, grin !

Anyhow, she was glad to be rid of it. I think all of the greens will come in handy to make holiday cards for heroes this year =) 

1 comment:

  1. What a great steal! I love to make u-turns for yard sales too.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)