Thursday, August 9, 2012

My Digital Studio - testing a crazy idea




My Digital Studio Holiday Card - playing around, testing an idea


I've had this crazy, time consuming idea ever since I bought My Digital Studio a couple of years ago and never attempted: make new digital papers from old designer papers I already own and that are not available digitally.

What better way to stay inside out of the heat than to try out this idea now that my Honor Flight card project was complete and in the mail !

I'm so proud of myself for muddling through, determined to make it work - and having no real idea of how to go about it. Of course, I made it far more difficult than it needed to be, but I'm glad I took the extra time (hours and hours and hours!) to do it the way I did. In the end after lots of trial and error I think I have decent digital images of my actual papers. They are not as perfect as the true digital image would be if they were purchased from Stampin' Up!, but since these designs are not available, I did the best I could. As I go through them and use them I may find more little glitches that I will need to try to repair.

The testing project above uses the Ski Slope designer papers and some embellishments. I used a circle punch, varied in size, and filled with each of the twelve designs of the designer paper.


My Digital Studio Supplies:
Circle Punch
Polka dot scalloped edge ribbon
Old Olive glimmer brad
Neutrals buttons
Old Olive Satin ribbon knot
Chocolate Chip brads
Corduroy Buttons, Chocolate Chip
Seam binding, Baja Breeze
Vintage Brad
Stamp brush, Chocolate Chip ink- I don't remember which set it came from!
5x7 card size



Note the thread in the buttons on the upper left. I made that image quite some time ago. Once again, it was a time consuming learning process (that I have no idea now how I did it!) to create. I disliked that there were no knots or loops of thread to run through the button holes so I made my own. They are tricky to use though since they need to be teeny tiny, but it sure finishes off the button holes.


Thanks for looking =)


1 comment:

  1. LOVE this card and the idea for preserving those pages I love and tend to hoard away!! Might have to try this out!!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)