Thursday, August 23, 2012

Paint Distressed Card Stock - more styles

A couple more samples of things I've done with acrylic craft paint on card stock


wax resist - using an old clear candle, lightly rub over the card stock
then paint over the wax. Carefully remove the dried paint by
rubbing with an old rag. I love to recreate an old 
weathered, painted wood look with this technique.








 sponged - dampened stampin' sponge with a light touch of paint on the top sample
sea sponge with a bit more paint on the bottom sample










ragged with crumpled up plastic wrap 









washed - watered down paint brushed on with a wide paint brush









dry brushed






I have also used acrylic craft paints and crackle medium on chipboard 


It's fun to experiment with different mediums on card stock 
to create different background effects!
Above are just a few ideas.

Thanks for looking =) 

1 comment:

  1. OOOOHHHH! You are inspiring me to get out the acrylics!! (hopefully they're not all dried up by now...)
    Each technique is awesome and I'm thinking I might have to set aside a day to paint!!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)