Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Paint Distressed Card Stock




I made this card so long ago and finally decided to use it. I was playing with acrylic craft paints on paper several years ago, trying some of the techniques I've used on craft projects on card stock. I made several different pieces using different techniques. This background is one of those. 

This particular piece uses dry brushing and fly specking of acrylic craft paints onto Ruby Red card stock from Stampin' Up!

This is how you achieve this particular distressed look:

*Just barely dip the tips of bristles on a toothbrush into acrylic craft piant, then lightly drag it across the card stock to create the dry brushed lines. You may want to dab it onto a scrap piece of paper towel first to make sure it isn't too wet with paint. You can use as many colors as you'd like, I used two.
*Once you are happy with the dry brushing of the streaks on your paper, rinse and dry the toothbrush.
*Once again barely dip the bristles into acrylic craft paint, but this time run your thumb across the bristles to flick the paint onto the card stock to create a "fly specked" (paint splattered) look.

The apple image was stamped with Basic Black ink onto a piece of one of the old Naturals card stocksI water colored with Classic ink pads from Stampin' Up! and an aquapainter. I also used a marker in a spritzer tool to "airbrush" on fine splatters of ink. 

The apple piece is mounted onto Garden Green card stock that I crumpled then ever so lightly rubbed paint over the ripples of the crumpled card stock. The top of it is rolled around a sliver of a real twig while the bottom has been torn by hand.

I also stamped and water colored the same apple image from the stamp set inside the card and on the envelope.

Thanks for looking =)

1 comment:

  1. Love this card, especially the twig! Great painting techniques too! I remember doing the splatter paint effect in middle school art class! Might have to give it another try. Hopefully my skills have improved since then! :D

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)