Saturday, August 25, 2012

Swinging Roses Card


Most people refer to this type of card as a "swing card". I saw the instructions to make this type of card using  Framelits dies posted to the Stampin' Up! Demonstrator web site quite some time ago. Certainly by now there are numerous blogs with instructions as well as videos posted to show you exactly how to make one. 

I made the swinging base to it quite some time ago, but never completed it into a card until now. I wanted to make a special card for an internet friend that loves to flower garden. She has the most beautiful gardens !
Take a peek at her blog here, so many pretty plants and creative ideas. 

I used the Apothecary Art stamp set and coordinating Framelits dies from Stampin' Up!  YoYo Yellow card stock, Floral background stamp (what a gorgeous, detailed background stamp but it's difficult to see on this card) and YoYo Yellow ink were used to make the base.









A waterbased marker is ideal to ink the outermost edge of the rubber stamp image, leaving the middle design uninked. That way when you stamp it onto a piece of watercolor paper, you will get a nice dashed line outline and nothing else.

Line the image up with the coordinating die and run it through the Big Shot machine.

Stamp the next size up stamp image onto a piece of Always Artichoke card stock then use scissors to trim around the edge of it and flip it over. You want to make a mat for the white piece but there is no Framelits die the correct size to do this. (I think I should have paper pierced around the edge of the green.....)

Punch leaves from Always Artichoke card stock with the Two Step Bird Punch (Stampin' Up!) and a Martha Stewart punch. Glue them into a circle onto the white die cut piece.

I added some premade paper roses that I picked up at a discount store years ago. Little dabs of Stickles glitter glue to the roses and a few leaves here and there resemble dew.

A scrap of yellow organdy ribbon and a tiny tag dangling finish off the front.





 




The inside is the largest of the Apothecary Art images and coordinating die, stamped and water colored on water color paper. I also added touches of the Stickles glitter glue.

I glued a smaller die cut to the opposite side to write a note on.

I mailed this card in a padded envelope, requiring extra postage (it was $1.95!), so hopefully the roses won't get smashed.

Thanks for looking =)


1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous! I love the 3D paper roses on the front!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)