Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Color Challenge Card #2




This was the first card I made for a new challenge site, Color Me Beautiful. The colors are from Stampin' Up!'s color palette: Basic Gray, Rich Razzleberry, Perfect Plum, Wisteria Wonder and Lucky Limeade - that's a lot to work with !


It was created with My Digital Studio from Stampin' Up! since I don't have all of the colors in actual supplies. Although I was pretty pleased with it,  I decided to make another card that used less white and more of the challenge colors. It was posted yesterday along with the TIP I shared on how to make Wisteria Wonder basic designer digital papers out of colors that are already in the program palette.

This is a 3.5" x 5" tri fold landscape card. If you were to print it, it would fold up so you only saw the large flower on the outside, then it would "grow" when it was opened with stem portion only in the middle, grass and words on the last portion.

I wanted to make a blue sky with designer papers or overlay stamps reduced in opacity , but it would not work properly since I needed to cover the tails of the ribbon bow with paper filled punches. They could not be reduced in opacity to match the background otherwise the tails would show. Of course I could have used Bashful Blue at full opacity for the background,  which I did try but didn't really like. 
My Digital Studio software and items in the program used to make the card:
Stem, Leaves, Grass = Lucky Limeade Grosgrain Ribbon and Bow. Cover the tails of the bows with square punches filled with Whisper White.

Fun Flowers punches filled with Designer Papers - Perfect Plum small polka dot, Rich Razzleberry grid and "Wisteria Wonder" soft flowers. I had no Wisteria Wonder basic designer paper so I made my own. I filled a punch with Almost Amethyst then copied and pasted in place, filled with Perfect Plum paper in the same design and reduced the opacity to 40%. Copy and paste once more, filling with Bashful Blue at 25% opacity. 

Jumbo Pewter Eyelet from the Hodge Podge hardware embellishments set.

Center green brad from Everyday Enchantment embellishments set.

Text box, Basic Gray text for the sentiment, rotated 90 degrees.

Basic Black stitching embellishment around the edges.

Thanks for looking =) 

8 comments:

  1. I'll bet that looks so cute all folded up! My son made me a card like that for Mother's Day and I loved it. What a great idea to turn it into an MDS card. Thanks for playing along twice at CMB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, look at you! Another pretty creation for our challenge! Thanks so much for playing with us again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun idea! I love the way the sentiment matches the visual layout of the card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute card! Thanks for playing again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I bet this is so stinkin' cute all folded up! I am so glad you decided to share this one because I didn't even know we could make cards that size in MDS!! Thanks so much for playing again with Color Me Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea of a "growing card"!! Very simple and very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! I need to get my MDS2 update.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh, how sweet is this? I like it!!!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)