Sunday, September 16, 2012

My Digital Studio Scrap Map 1 Challenge




The above two pages were created with My Digital Studio from Stampin' Up!




I've not been to the My Digital Studio web site for a while so I decided to stop in to see if there was any announcement of MDS2 coming out on disc soon. Instead, I was excited to see that there is going to be a weekly challenge ! Although late, I created a slightly altered Scrap Map 1 challenge entry: it is a two page spread.



Anything But A Card Challenge blog Texture - not sure if it truly qualifies for this challenge since they are digital items ;)














SUPPLIES USED:

My Digital Studio original version software from Stampin' Up!
Basic Gray textured card stock background
Kiwi Kiss - mat behind photo boxes
Rich Razzleberry - card stock to fill scalloped square punch
Tempting Turquoise - card stock to fill scallop square punch and dotted line designer paper to fill scallop border punch
Cute Cats stamp set
Man's Best Friend stamp set
Vintage Overlays texture stamp (but it doesn't show up in the saved jpg files on each page ? weird....)
Narrow polka dot grosgrain ribbon and knot - Rich Razzleberry
Crochet trim ribbon - Victoria
Round Buttons - some altered in size
Twine in center of buttons - my own creation 
Basic Black stitching
Scallop border punch - enlarged
Smitten and Simple Letters alphabet punches - altered in size, filled with polka dotted Kiwi Kiss Bella Rose designer paper. I noticed that drop shadows aren't on the letters..ugh
Scallop square punch - enlarged to make photo mats
Text box for the word "meet"
"bark bark" was created by stamping an image from Man's Best Friend stamp set then covering up portions of it with square punches, filled with Basic Gray textured card stock. Stamp again and enlarge then cover up unwanted portions once more. Reduce the opacity slightly more on the smaller "bark".

THANKS for looking and be sure to go check out all of the other fantastic creations shared at the challenge blogs mentioned above !

SEE ANOTHER PROJECT, AND VOTE IF YOU'D LIKE, that I made with photos of my past pets here. TREE OF LOVE at the Fiskars Fuse Contest Page on Facebook




THANKS FOR LOOKING =)

12 comments:

  1. I love your pages & the layouts...very nice work! Thanks for playing with us @ Color Me Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an adorable spread! Love the way you combined the colours and the silhouette kitties are too cute! Thanks so much for joining us at CMB challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the scallops around your pictures and the ribbon strips you made. The pics are adorable too! Thanks for playing along at CMB this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layouts! I love how you mirrored the second page! The ribbon borders with the buttons are so pretty and the titles look awesome! I am so happy you are playing with us again at both Color Me Beautiful and Anything But a Card Challenges!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute furry children - Love the layouts and colors :) Thank you for sharing this with us at Anything But A Card Challenge.

    I invite you to join me at the Anything Goes challenge here: http://pinandtack.blogspot.com/2012/09/challenge-1-anything-goes-spark-your.html

    Lots of joy,
    Corrinne

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! You did a great job with the colors and the layout. I am a scrapbooker first and will be using this page map for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great page!! I love it:) Thanks for playing along with us on Color Me Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great layouts Heather. I assume the ribbon and buttons are real and not digital so, there's your texture!
    Thanks for joining us at ABAC and I do hope you'll join us again soon.
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this 2-page spread! Your puppy is just too darling. She kinda steals the show on this wonderful page though. Our pets tend to do that though, don't they? :)

    Love this! Thanks for joining the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey there! Be sure to check out the CMB blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great layout that one!! What fun!
    Thanks for playing along at Anything But a Card!
    Sammi
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the layouts! Adorable dog!

    Thanks for sharing with us at Anything But A Card!

    Jessica
    www.anythingbutacard.com

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)