Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Ringo's Memory Box - Fall



Ringo's a bit blurry in this photo, but I still like it nonetheless. He always carried his tail so high and proud, slightly arched over his back.


All supplies from Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted. 

Cover photo with scrapbook page protector.

Cut Summer Sun card stock to mount behind photo.

Cut Dusty Durango (or maybe it was Tangerine or Cajun, not exactly sure since it was a scrap and I didn't bother to color match it to know which it was) slightly larger.

Punch two sides and corner with the scalloped edge border punch . I never did get the hang of making a perfect square/rectangle with those punches......

Wrap a piece of yellow rick rack (sewing supplies)  around the base of the photo, glue the ends underneath. Mount to Rust colored card stock.



Punch three small ovals from Only Orange card stock and three regular ovals from Pumpkin Pie card stock. Lightly sponge the edges with ink.

Punch two sets of leaves from Always Artichoke with the Two Step Bird Punch. Add accents (I forgot to, remembered it after photographing).

Using scissors, cut two stems from Close to Cocoa.

Glue two ovals side by side, slightly overlapping. Glue the third to the center on top. Glue stem and leaves behind. Attach smaller pumpkin to the larger with a dimensional.



Now for the tricky part of making teeny tiny mums. As I was distressing the edges of the card stock on the Summer side of the box, I was reminded of how it can make fiber "dust". Why not make a bunch of it by scraping a scrap of Summer Sun card stock with a hobby knife, creating enough to glue to 1/4" circle punches to make the mums ? It took a little bit of patience working with the tiny pieces, but I am happy that I took the time to experiment with that idea. I think the tiny mums add more to the project rather than leaving the green leaves plain on that side of the pumpkins.

Attach mounted photo to box and embellishment to photo.






Thanks for looking =)

all votes are much appreciated !



6 comments:

  1. I love the background of this photo so much and then you making it dimensional is awesome. What a beautiful memory. Of course I am going to go vote again! I can vote five times in one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Das ist eine wunderschöne Box. Diese Kürbisse habe ich auch schon gebastelt. Deine Katze ist süß.
    L.G.KarinNettchen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://translate.google.com


      This is a beautiful box. These pumpkins I have already tinkered. Your cat is cute.

      Delete
  3. Thank you Margy and Stephanie ! Thanks for the votes Margy =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the mums made from paper dust!! This whole project is fantastic and your 'fall' side is no exception!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)