Saturday, September 22, 2012

Scarecrow Face - My Digital Studio



HAPPY FALL ! 


I set this post up to publish on the first day of fall -
a day we will be out of town at a large car show.
So long as my sprained wrist feels well enough,
I'll be driving my own car.
It's been too sore to do much of anything this past week.
Of course it was my right wrist, too, the hand I use most.


 
I attempted to create a scarecrow face card 
using My Digital Studio (original version)
from Stampin' Up! 
a  couple of years ago.

LOTS of digital punches used to create this !
In fact, it is entirely digital punches
except for the Soft Suede grosgrain ribbon "straw hair"
(which could have been made with square punches, too).

The decorative papers for the clothing items
 came from the Well Worn Designer Paper packs.

Half circle punch filled with Very Vanilla textured card stock to match
the background (face), drop shadow at 100% opacity and 
just barely along the bottom edge to create the smile.

Dusty Durango Pennant punch (altered in size) to make the nose.

Blushing Bride (reduced opacity) filled circles for cheeks.

Pennant Punches (altered in size) and a square punch to create 
bandanna neck tie.

Square punches (altered in size) for shirt and coverall straps, hat .
Crumb Cake filled hat with scratchy texture overlay.

Blossom and circle punches for sunflower.
More Mustard grid designer paper. 

Bird , pennant and circle punches to create crow.
Going Gray drop shadow on wing portion.
Summer Sun for beak and eye.

I'm hoping to find enough time to acess the internet while we are gone -
I want to see the videos showing all the new features in MDS2 !
I'm sure after watching them I'll become more impatient
for it to come out on disc.

Thanks for looking - Happy Fall ! 



1 comment:

  1. This is so stinkin' cute!! Genius idea to use the ribbon for hair!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)