Saturday, October 6, 2012

Blog Hop - Papercrafts Magazine World Card Making Day



Celebrate World Card Making Day 2012 ! 
Looking for card making inspiration ? 
Visit the nearly 250 blogs that are a part of the



Be sure to see my second post of the day for the 







My project is what is referred to by some as a "One Sheet Wonder": using a single piece of decorative paper (plus many extras) to create several cards or projects.

You can use preprinted papers or make your own using rubber stamps (or digital images) such as I did here.

I created my own diagram of the parts I wanted to cut out and use for cards. I made 7 cards with the sketch I created when the paper was cut into the various pieces. You can find many more One Sheet Wonder (also referred to as Double Time) patterns online or make your own.

The cards can be quite quick and simple or by adding numerous layers and embellishments, can become more elaborate. This is also a good project to use up scraps in your stash.

To keep the post for the hop short, I'll be sharing the diagram I designed, supply lists and individual photos of the cards on Monday and Tuesday. I must divide them up into two posts since each will be quite lengthy.

I'm off to the craft dungeon for a little while today, working on Christmas cards for the troops. I plan on making another set using the One Sheet Wonder idea and Christmas stamps !

Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of the hop =)
Heather

4 comments:


  1. Die Karten sehen toll aus.
    L.G.KarinNettchen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speechless here!!! What a gorgeous one sheet wonder!!!! What talent. TFS the link

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards!! Off to check out the other posts!!!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)