Monday, October 8, 2012

One Sheet Wonder Card Set - part 1

WHEW ! I did it - I left comments on every single bloggers post from the 
Operation Write Home blog hop, nearly 100 wonderful creations were shared !
Now I'm suffering from Inspiration Overload =)

 I made this project for the Papercrafts magazine blog tour celebrating World Card Making Day.





The diagram I created for the One Sheet Wonder set of cards I shared .
I created seven cards. 






The decorative paper I created using rubber stamps and inks.
This photo shows it cut into pieces already.







SUPPLIES used to make the decorative paper,
all from Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted:
Naturals card stock
Really Rust, More Mustard, Chocolate Chip card stocks
Lovely Leaves stamp set
All Year Cheer stamp set 
Itty Bitty Backgrounds stamp set
 inks: Really Rust, More Mustard, Chocolate Chip, Creamy Caramel, gold metallic


Randomly stamp the images all over your card stock.
This can be cut up into several pieces to make cards or
other small projects or kept as an entire piece to use as 
a background paper for a scrapbook page.
You could also use it on other larger projects.

TIP: to create multi colored leaves,
first ink your image with the lightest color of ink
then roll the edges of the stamp on a darker color.
You could also color the rubber stamp with water based markers
or water color crayons.
Another option is to stamp the leaves with Versamark ink
then pounce on Pearl Ex powders or chalks.











Here are a few of the cards I made with the pieces.
I'll share the rest tomorrow.






4" x 4" piece

The "flag" was hand cut.
The leaf eyelet was a gift, I don't know who manufactured it.
I lightly sponged a bit of gold ink onto the naturals card stock.
I distressed the edges of the rust card stock layer.




4 1/2" wide x 4" tall piece
I tore one of the edges.


I ran the Rust card stock through the Herringbone embossing folder then
lightly sponged the edges with Chocolate Chip ink.
I also lightly sponged the edges of the stamped naturals card stock piece . 
The gold organdy ribbon has a piece of chocolate colored mulberry paper torn into a strip behind it.
TIP: use a small dampened paintbrush or aquapainter to run a line on the mulberry paper
where you'd like to tear it. It really does help !

TIP: you can color clear rhinestone accents and the silver metal edge of tags with permanent markers to change their color ! I used a brown Sharpie on a silver metal edged tag to give it a sort of copper look.

TIP: punch out different colors of card stock to fit inside your metal edge tag.
I punched out a circle from the naturals card stock to match the stamped paper background.

TIP: you can ink portions of your stamp image with water based markers and create masks to
change the way they stamp. In my sample I used a single line, long sentiment stamp. I inked it with a Chocolate Chip marker to color "Happy",
 stamped it on the punched out circle. Clean it off well then reink "Thanksgiving", stamp underneath
the "Happy" to make it fit on the circle tag.





3 1/2 " x 2 1/2" piece

layered under a piece of vellum
and topped with a skeleton leaf that I colored
by sponging on various inks





Thanks for looking =)











1 comment:

  1. Believe it or not, I have never done this! I love the idea of using every bit of the paper and your designs are fantastic! I think I need to CASE these too!! You are just too awesome!!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)