Tuesday, November 13, 2012

5 Bold Christmas Tree Cards

Three more old projects revamped.
All stamp images were from Stampin' Up!


This first one was a swap card I tweaked.
The original had the front right edge cut with
deckle edged scissors then green ink was sponged along 
just that edge. The tree was not colored in and there
was not gold star on the top.
I trimmed all of the edges, removed the back
then sponged all of the edges with hunter green ink.
Using an aquapainter and the ink from an ink pad,
I water colored in the tree image
and a very light blue background.
I used a small star punch and More Mustard cad stock
to make a topper for tree.
This newly colored piece was attached to a plain
Whisper White card.









This second one was actually an incomplete card I
started to make years ago. I wasn't happy with the 
stray pieces of embossing powder on the tree,
so it sat on the white piece of card stock unfinished for a long time.
This year I used a cuttlebug folder to do the embossed background
on the white piece. I ran a gold permanent ink marker along the edges.
It was mounted to hunter green card stock then a 
Whisper White card base. A gold permanent marker
worked well to color in the star on top of the tree.
I decided to go ahead and use the speckled looking
heat embossed tree piece after all, 
it will look like snowflakes falling on it maybe.









This last one is an old Christmas card I made,
similar to the one above that I never completed.
I wasn't real happy with the way the background was stamped
so I never sent it out (which is another reason why I never finished
 the one above). 
I ran dark green card stock through a Stampin' Up! embossing folder,
mounted the white piece to it. Gold permanent marker for details.
The tree is stamped and heat embossed
with white embossing powder on dark green card stock. 
Cut out with scissors. The tree is on dimensionals.
I believe this basic idea came from an old Catalog. 











Thanks for looking =) 

1 comment:

  1. I love seeing how you are giving new life to these projects! Plus, just look at how many cards you will have finished for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)