Thursday, November 29, 2012

Anything But A Card Challenge 7: By The Sea






I've not submitted anything to a challenge for a while and I had the perfect photos that needed scrapped. Of course there are still boxes full of hard copy photos not to mention an external hard drive nearly full of digital photos to be done............. eventually........ maybe !

Anything But A Card #7: By The Sea  "you can use anything sea/ocean related- colors, marine life, mermaids, beaches, sand, etc. and/or let the picture inspire you!"



I used My Memories Suite Version 4 digital scrapbook (and so much more!) software to create this page. All elements used came with the new version 4 software. 

Potato is the color of the mats (there are 63 colors included in the software palette, but you can create more).

The embellishments are out of the new Tommy kit (created by Kathryn) that is included in the new software. There are 15 new designer kits that come with the software , each includes a premade album that you simply drop photos into and you are done. You also have the ability to alter them if you'd like ! Plus, all of the bits and pieces from those kits can be accessed to use on other projects such as cards, home decor and more . I'll be sharing a project I made for a facebook timeline cover using pieces from one of those kits in a couple of days. 

I inserted a regular text box for the journaling, Potato color, Arial font. Daytona was done as a Word Art so I could make it arch over the umbrella ! It was the default Sans Serif font done in Potato, but you can choose from all sorts of fonts and colors. There are lots of fun features under the Word Art option such as the shape and fill options like gradients or textures.

The photos are some I took on vacation. I originally thought about inserting the background photo as a background paper then reducing the opacity, but it didn't look right to me so I left it as a photo layered over the Potato background paper. I did flip it horizontally in the program; the umbrella was on the opposite side in the original photo. 

Now for the COOLEST thing about this digital scrapbook page, I can make a "hot spot" that when clicked on will play a video clip that I embedded in it ! As I move my mouse over the image and see the hot spot on the boogie board photo, I can click it and see a clip of him boarding. Neat, neat, neat ! Unfortunately I can not get that to work to share here on the blog . . . .

Although I am happy enough with this layout, I think I will go back in and change the border under the photos. The color of the wavy heart punched border worked, but it really is a little bit too "country" feeling for this beachy page. I liked the waviness to it and the hearts represented how he fell in love with the beach and boogie boarding.  I dunno...... that's what is great about digital, easy enough to change and no waste of paper , ribbon, etc. Also, I noticed that I didn't have it slid all the way into position before exporting it to share. That will be easy enough to fix.  


Now that I have the full version software to play around with and am set up as an affiliate for My Memories, I am offering a giveaway of the software ! First off, if you have a Facebook page, like the MyMemories page. Once you become a fan, you'll have access to weekly fan only freebies and lots of ideas !

To enter for a chance to win the software, I ask that you go to MyMemories.com to look around at all of the amazing kits they offer (many of which are FREE!). I know it will be difficult to choose, but pick out TWO favorites and share the names of them > here < under my comments. They can be entire kits, quick pages, paper packs - just pick two items available in the MyMemories store and share the names of them . One entry per person, please. Open to residents of the United States only.  A winner will be chosen randomly December 7th . 

You can get a $10 discount AND a coupon for $10 worth of free items in the store everyday if you use my affiliate code in the store at MyMemories.com. Simply insert STMMMS23251 in the space provided at checkout to get the discount and coupon - the everyday price is already a great value at $39.97, but using my code makes it an awesome deal ! They also offer discounted multi packs if you have several people on your Christmas list that may like to receive it as a gift.

Thanks for looking =) 


6 comments:

  1. I really like your page - its fun. Thank you for joining in at Anything but a card this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really cool - love the large photo with the smaller one over it. Great talent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great layout and you've put lots of work into this piece. Very interesting post to read.
    Thanks so much for joining us this week at Anything But A Card.
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  4. The page looks grreat, Digi and computer stuff is beyond me so I am in awe when I see Digital art.
    Thanks for joining us at ABAC

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heather, this is wonderful and I love the idea of seeing live footage from your page! The seashore picture made the perfect background for your pictures too! Thanks so much for joining us again at Anything But a Card!
    I'll be by later on to visit the rest of your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great digi page. I love the layout. Thanks for joining us over at ABAC.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)