Monday, November 12, 2012

Candy Cane Christmas Wheeled card






   (Gah! I have to write this post all over - it disappeared on me!!!!!)



This card started out as an old, I mean OLD as in probably over 10 years old,
swap that had been lost among other stuff in the craft dungeon.

It looks a bit different than the original,
which of course I did not take a photo of beforehand.

There was no white on the candy cane lettering and 
the green pine boughs were barely visible.
There was a large triangular piece of crumpled up 
brown lunch sack over the top of the card,
attached by a thick piece of jute twine 
(think of the stuff you find in a hardware store).
The twine had been tied into a bow, two long
ends dangling down. On each end there was a stamped 
ornament (burgundy ink on kraft paper, blotchy looking)
attached. The middle of the bow had a small tag
of kraft card stock cut with deckle edged scissors. 
A small greeting had been stamped on it with
dark green ink then glitter around the edges.

I removed all of the extras, used white acrylic
 craft paint and a small paintbrush to add the white.
Overstamped the pine boughs since I had the same stamp
then ran a small piece of burgundy organdy ribbon 
through the two holes at the top.
I trimmed the piece down slightly so I could mount it
to a piece of hunter green card stock. 
Everything used was from Stampin' Up!

One of the few old swaps that were found and 
tweaked to make into cards this year.
Because of the glitter, this one will not be 
able to be sent to Holiday Mail for Heroes
so it will go to a friend or family member.

There are more holiday cards to come made from old 
bits and pieces that I have collected over the years.
I'll be sharing them over the next several days. 

Thanks for looking =) 

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You are really doing some updating! That dungeon will be empty in no time!!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)