Thursday, November 8, 2012

Christmas Cards - One Sheet Wonder Pattern





I finally got around to using up another old One Sheet Wonder/Double Time sample, this time I made fairly simple Christmas Cards. I also created another pattern of my own. You can see my first pattern that I created for a One Sheet Wonder and the fall themed cards made with it here. This was a very popular technique years ago (and simple!), most certainly you can find many other patterns online for them.





Note: I did not use the two 1 3/4" tall strips on any cards in this set, 
the pattern was designed after I cut up my card stock to work around the 
way the sentiments were stamped. I did use the other sizes to
create five of the cards pictured. The 1 3/4" strips could 
easily be made into more cards or cut into thinner strips and 
adhered inside the cards or on envelopes for decoration. 



Basic Instructions:
Choose several stamp images and ink colors that coordinate to stamp a collage onto a single sheet of card stock. You then cut this homemade decorative paper up into several shapes to use on cards or other projects. Save yourself some time and use a piece of scrapbook paper that is already printed !
 TIP: depending on how your images are arranged on the paper and how you would like the finished project to look, some of the pieces may need to be used in a different way if there is wording that is upside down. I had to design this pattern to accommodate the images on the One Sheet Wonder I stamped because the sentiment stamp was facing right side up on the entire piece. I wanted the small pieces to be used on cards so that the words were still facing right side up. If they had been stamped randomly, twisted and turned all over it would not have been a problem (like my fall card set). Personal opinion/tip I thought I should share.



These are a bunch of them I made many years ago
and have yet to use ! 



I used inks and images from Stampin' Up!, most all of which are retired now.

Bold Basics stamp set
All Year Cheer ( not sure exactly which set the Peace Joy Love came from)
The Shape Of Things stamp set
Merry Messages stamp set
Glorious Green card stock and ink
Yo Yo Yellow ink
Real Red ink and card stock
Whisper White card stock
Circle punches
Aquapainter/water color brush
Red glitter glue
Red organdy ribbon scrap
Metallic silver card stock scrap
Decorative paper scrap -unknown





I should have taken a photo of the pile of scraps, lots of little bits and pieces I'd collected and decided to put to use to make cards from. There were also some really old swaps I reused in a different way (I did not take any photos of those before I changed them up either, silly me). I've a nice little pile of Christmas cards now after working on them the past two weeks or so. I think I may send them in to the Red Cross Holiday Mail for Heroes program (those without glitter). Of course that means I would need to make many more to send to my friends and family ........ aaahhhhhh, I have the time and the supplies =) Or I could forgo handmade cards for everyone as I did last year , instead concentrating on making cards to donate to the troops. I would make cards for a few special people that I know appreciate them though ;)  I'll be sharing the cards over the next couple of weeks or so.


Thanks for looking !






1 comment:

  1. I have really got to find time to try this! I love the idea of making so many cards from one pattern!!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)