Friday, November 9, 2012

Front Door Wreath Card - Pattern






template I made




Here are the dimensions I used to make the template
for dry embossing the raised door panels.
It is sized for a piece of 4.25"  x  5.5" card stock.
I cut my template from plastic packaging 
that was around a die I bought. 
I used an Xacto knife and metal edged ruler
to cut it out. 


You'll cut out the middle sections.
Place your card stock face down over the template
and use a stylus / Empressor tool
 to dry emboss around the inner edges.
This will make the raised panels on your door front. 
I've seen this type of card done so many times over the years,
but I see it with cut pieces of card stock for the panels. 
I thought it would be easier in the long run to make a template 
to dry emboss the panels rather than try to remember the exact
measurements of the small pieces that needed to but cut
then try to line them up perfectly to glue in place.
After spending all that time creating the template I
better use it again several times !


Supplies:
Burgundy card stock
Martha Stewart foliage (not sure of the name) punch
scrap of 3/8" organdy ribbon
1/4' circle punch of gold metallic card stock
I may go back in and add red "berries" to the wreath


Thanks for looking =) 





1 comment:

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)