Saturday, November 24, 2012

Snowflake Ornament Card


Still plugging along on using up scraps
to make holiday cards.
This particular card uses several scraps.

The small white piece that has dry embossed polka dots,
the Riding Hood Red half of a top note die
the white snowflake punch
and the red chipboard snowflake are all bits and 
pieces that were in the scrap box.

I added glitter around the edges of the white piece.

I stamped snowflakes onto the Riding Hood Red Top Note die cut
with Riding Hood Red ink.
I think I should have punched out a half circle at 
the top edge of it for the stamped center of the snowflake
to sit in. I thought about it, then thought I might end up
ruining it, that it would be just out of alignment enough
that I wouldn't like it. Of course now looking at it 
completed I wish I had tried it. I also wish I had adhered the
top note die cut a little further down on the card front. Oh well.....
There is a thin line of Tombow glue around the edges
of the die cut to hold it in place.

I adhered layers of decorative paper and punches to the chipboard snowflake
(but I painted the raw chipboard edges red first to finish it off).
The chipboard snowflake and decorative paper came from
the limited edition kit that was available through
Country Living Magazine a few years ago.
I attached a piece of ribbon to the back then
covered the tails with card stock cut to fit.

 I managed to use several scraps for this card
and make it into a gift as well, an ornament !


Thanks for looking =)

1 comment:

  1. I really like this! The top note makes a perfect pocket and the little snowflake will be such a sweet little gift!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)