Saturday, November 17, 2012

Snowman Card 3


This is one of my favorite made from scraps cards
I've completed so far.
I keep working my way through the scrap box, 
trying to reuse bits and pieces of "ugly" old projects
or several old swap cards I came across.
There was quite a collection of holiday themed 
scraps left still since I used almost all of the 
everyday type of scraps last year for the 
over 350 cards I made and sent to 
Operation Write Home. 
This year I am working on using up those 
holiday bits and pieces to send some cards to
Holiday Mail for Heroes through the Red Cross.

The card above started out as just the snowman image
on a plain white card base. It didn't get totally inked, looked
really washed out. It was also stamped crooked, so it
went to the "one day I'll do something with it" scrap box.
Today was the day ! 

I trimmed the image out then colored it in with an 
aquapainter and ink pads.

I ran Kraft card stock through the Square Lattice
embossing folder from Stampin Up!
then lightly sponged Soft Suede ink around the edges.

It was mounted to Naturals card base. 

I like how this one turned out despite being washed out looking.


Thanks for looking !

1 comment:

  1. The water coloring was the perfect technique for this. It doesn't look washed out at all! The image looks fantastic with the lattice embossing behind it too!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)