Saturday, November 10, 2012

Stockings on Mantle Card


This card is one of the many I created from 
my box of scraps and unfinished pieces.
A few years ago I stamped the stockings
(it is one large stamp that I colored each stocking
separately with chalk inks)
on natural card stock card.
It was just way too plain and boring
having the four stockings sitting there, 
floating in thin air it looked like. 
I really didn't know what to do to improve it
back then, so it went to the scrap box.
Fast forward to 2012 and I finished it !
I cut each of the stockings out with scissors.
I hand drew with a permanent marker the stones for the fireplace
then I water colored details.
The mantle is a scrap of brown card stock.
The Martha Stewart foliage punch was used to make the greenery.
The "wallpaper" is a scrap of designer paper from an
old Christmas card kit I bought from Stampin' Up!
I think I may need to make a couple of little things to 
"sit on the shelf" on top of the mantle, it looks bare. 

Thanks for looking =) 



1 comment:

  1. This is fabulous! I love that you revisited an old idea and made something new.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)