Monday, November 5, 2012

Thanksgiving Card 1


I spent some time in the craft dungeon recently. I should have been outdoors working in the yard, but the box elder bugs were horrible this year, thousands upon thousands of them swarming the house and in my flower beds. Normally we see ladybugs by the zillions, but not this year. When there are so many bugs flying about and landing on me, in my hair and getting in my clothes, I don't go out. This is just one window of the house, multiply the number of bugs in this photo by about 100 at this particular time!


So I decided to start in on Thanksgiving cards and Christmas cards. I already made a set of cards I coulduse for Thanksgiving in early October for the World Card making Day Blog Hop using a one sheet wonder template that I designed. You can see them here .


I didn't have quite enough cards from that set so I made two more from another stamp set. This is the first one. I'll share the other tomorrow.





The images were colored with Stampin' Pastels (chalk) and a blender pen. I never really cared for that coloring technique, but I have so many chalks and blender pens not getting used, time to put them to use.
Stamp the image with permanent black ink then color in by lightly touching the tip of a blender pen to chalks, rub into image. It is supposed to be more of a water color type look by using the blender pen, but I almost always seem to make a muddy mess of it as well as ruin the paper. I also used some of the chalks dry with a small foam tipped applicator that came with the set. Using the chalks dry creates a softer look.

This card is an almost exact copy of one from an old Stampin' Up! Idea Book. All supplies used, unless otherwise noted, were from Stampin' Up!

card stock:
Naturals
So Saffron
Really Rust
Chocolate Chip
ThoroughlyThankful stamp set
Basic Black ink
Stampin' Pastels
Blender Pen
Orange eyelet
Scrap of narrow organdy ribbon, Offray

Thanks for looking =) 

2 comments:

  1. EEEWWW!!! I think I would be staying inside too!!
    This is such a pretty card! I've never tried using the blender pen with pastels...

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)