Thursday, December 6, 2012

Digital Scrapbook Page - Color Me Beautiful Challenge 14 -




I was sorry to hear that this is the final color challenge at Color Me Beautiful this week. The color combinations were always beautiful and the design team projects stunning. I've also enjoyed seeing the various gorgeous projects submitted, too.  Good luck to everyone involved on their future endeavors !

I whipped up this quick digital scrapbook page to submit to their final challenge. It uses all five of this weeks challenge colors from Stampin' Up!
Sahara Sand
Crumb Cake
Baja Breeze
Primrose Petals
Rose Red

Sahara Sand background paper with Crumb Cake Textured stamp overlay, reduced in opacity.

Crumb Cake textured,  Baja Breeze textured, Rose Red textured card stock to fill square punches.
Primrose Petals has a textured overlay in Rose Red, reduced in opacity to simulate textured card stock since I don't have a digital Primrose textured card stock.

Snowflake punch enlarged , drop shadow is centered on it.

I made tiny rectangles in Sahara Sand to cover the ends of the horizontal arms of the snowflake to hide the drop shadow. I was trying to make it look like the snowflake was die cut from the colored squares so the Sahara Sand background was showing through.

Circle punch filled with photo and added a thin Soft Suede mat and a drop shadow.

I created two text boxes, tilting one 90 degrees, to make the words wrap around the photo.








and here is a bonus digital card !
It is a white background with tags made of 
the challenge colors, white font and white brads
Difficult to tell that it is supposed to be a card with
the white background on the blog page, sorry.

The idea is totally taken from so many samples I've seen
similar to this over the years. In fact, there is currently 
one in Paper Crafts magazine. 

It would be cute to make one with little ornaments that spell 
MERRY !



Thanks for looking =)





1 comment:

  1. Heather, I am so glad you joined in the final challenge! Your page is brilliant and I love the tags on the card!
    I will miss being a part of the challenges too! It was so fun to play with new color combinations!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)