Saturday, December 15, 2012

Votive Wrap

My heart breaks for all of those affected by the 
unthinkable tragedy in Connecticut. 










Chipboard votive wrap.



DO NOT LEAVE CANDLE BURNING UNATTENDED -
BETTER YET, USE A BATTERY OPERATED VOTIVE LIGHT !

This is a project I made several years ago using items from the 
Country Living stamp /supplies kit that Stampin' Up! sold.
I didn't find it on my blog as being posted anywhere already
so I am sharing it now for the 
http://anythingbutacard.blogspot.com/2012/12/anything-but-card-challenge-8.html 


I bought coordinating acrylic craft paints to paint the raw edges of the
chipboard pieces before assembly. 

I used clear drying white glue brushed on with a paint brush
to adhere the pieces of decorative papers.
What was really nice about this kit, each piece of  die cut chipboard
had a matching die cut piece of decorative paper already cut out !
Sooooo easy !

Once the paper was glued to the chipboard and dry,
I lightly sanded the edges to expose a bit of the white core
of the paper.

Cut a piece of vellum (or mulberry paper, etc) 
to cover the backside of the chipboard piece.
Attach with double stick tape.

Stamp a snowflake on the vellum
or attach die cut snowflake. 
Do this for all four sides. 

Punch two holes, one at the top and one at the bottom,
on each side edge of the cardboard.
Make sure they line up so you can run
ribbon, twine, etc through them and tie them together.






3 comments:

  1. Wow! As cute as it is in the first pic...all lit up is STUNNING! :) Thanks for joining us at Anything But a Card this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This votive wrap is wonderful! Love the subtle colour palette and it looks wonderful lit up. Good idea about the faux votive candle too! Thanks so much for joining us at Anything But A Card this time.
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather, this is gorgeous! I love the shadow of the snowflake on the vellum when it's all lit up! I remember those kits and bought one of the ornament sets a long time ago! Probably still have bits and pieces floating around somewhere... I am so glad you joined us again at Anything But a Card!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)