Thursday, January 31, 2013

2 Step Florals and Die Cut Butterflies Cards

Blossoms Abound and
Elegant Greetings stamp sets, Stampin' Up!
glitter glue
purple ribbon 
yellow/white striped decorative paper
Barely Banana, Whisper White, Lavender card stocks
assorted classic inks, Stampin' Up!
butterfly die, Stampin' Up!
sponge







DD Peony and
Well Scripted stamp sets, Stampin' Up!


I used a scoring board and stylus to make the dry embossed backgrounds
on the cards above and below.
I created a template from scrap paper first to sponge in the blue
ink and then stamped the flowers - before dry embossing !
I held it to a light source and lightly marked on the backside
the outlines of the sponged areas so I would know
where to stop the dry embossing lines.
Butterfly dies are from Stampin' Up!
as are the inks and card stocks.


DD Wild Rose and
Well Scripted stamp sets, Stampin' Up!



All three cards were sent to 
Operation Write Home
and are submitted as part of
at their website.
I've actually made numerous birthday cards 
to send in the Operation Write Home;
see previous posts throughout January
for many more cards. 


Thanks for looking =) 

1 comment:

  1. I really like the clean design on these and the scored lines work so well with the pretty flowers!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)