Saturday, January 19, 2013

Classic Pickups Cards

A set of blank cards I made to donate to 
Operation Write Home 
using the 
Classic Pickups stamp set from 
Stampin' Up!



watercolored with ink pads and an aquapainter
Highways and Byways background stamp
Silver Signo gel pen for "chrome"

I think I'll submit this one for the 
Operation Write Home Midweek Throwdown-
Green  Challenge, too  !







The following three truck images were
stamped with Basic Brown ink. 
I used sticky notes to mask off the edges
then sponged on brown inks and
lightly sprayed /rubbed on
walnut ink stain.

Faux brass tacks made with 1/4" circle punch
and gold paper, 
lightly smooshed into the palm of my hand
with the end of an Empressor stylus tool
to create a bit of dimension.

Woodgrain background stamp, Itty Bitty Backgrounds stamps
 and ink pads smeared across the card stock
to create the wood wall look that the
"old photos" are "tacked" to.






Wonderfully Worn background stamp
and ink pads smeared across the card stock to
create the background.
Masking tape

I think I may add 
a greeting to the front......


Here is a set using Classic Pickups I sent to Operation Write Home in 2011

Thanks for looking =) 



2 comments:

  1. All the men in my family would be drooling over these cards! They are fabulous. I love the vintage techniques you used on the last three cards. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are such awesome guy cards! SU really needs to come up with a set like this again!!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)