Friday, January 18, 2013

OWH Midweek Throwdown - Green

The Operation Write Home Midweek Throwdown this week
was to use GREEN on cards to send to the troops.

I'd already been working on cards to send in and had
two in the box that had quit a bit of green on them .
I made the green Birthday card for the challenge.




Cuttlebug birthday embossing folder
green card stock with white core
(I originally sanded down a BIRTHDAY word, 
but decided it didn't look nice enough so I
stamped Birthday in green ink on white card stock
then backed it with a different shade of green card stock
and glued it over the sanded word)

Darker green is Glorious Green from Stampin' Up!
Birthday is part of a stamp inked from a Birthday Wishes stamp set
from Stampin' Up!
H A P P Y is a dollar store alphabet
1/2" circle punch
hand cut triangles







The clover was made by dry embossing through a brass stencil
then using chalks through the stencil to color
in the raised areas.
A paper piercer was used to punch holes around the clover leaves
Happy St Pat's Day stamp, brass template, ink, chalk, ribbon 
and card stocks were from Stampin' Up!








Cuttlebug embossing folder
Sidekick Sayings and Flight of the Butterfly stamp sets, 
card stocks and inks
are from Stampin' Up!



Thanks for looking ! 





4 comments:

  1. Wow! Three awesome cards. Love the banner on the first card along with the embossing. The shamrock card is very elegant and I really like the piercing around the leaves of the shamrock. The third card is my favorite, I think, because of the pop of yellow from the butterfly. Great job on every card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All three cards are great! My favorite is the St. Patricks day card. It is so CAS and elegant. That paper piercing really adds to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Lee Mae -- all 3 cards are great. The shamrock card is my favorite -- so CAS-like with such great details. The piercing really takes it to the next level. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have done a fabulous job with the green challenge! I have to say it is usually more of an accent color on my cards...
    I love the embossed birthday panel and the clover is wonderful! I like the fussy cut edge on the last card! Very cool effect!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)