Friday, January 11, 2013

OWH -Midweek Throwdown - No Sentiment



I've been working on cards to donate to Operation Write Home 
(I'm up to nearly 4 dozen now!).
I'll be sharing several of them on the blog
over the next couple of weeks.

The above two cards were already made,
but not yet shared here,
and fit perfectly in the new 

I like to try to make blank cards to send in
as it so the service member can
 choose what occasion or
to whom they would like to send it. 
For example, I could have easily put a 
"Happy Father's Day" sentiment on the front,
but then it would have limited use.
By leaving it blank, someone could send it 
to a horse loving gal for example !


Both cards use images and supplies from Stampin' Up!
(except the twine).
The stamp sets are the retired Equestrian Dream 
and large Sanded background stamp.

I water colored the image with ink pads, water
 and a water color brush.

The triple panel card was made by stamping one large image
then punching it out with a paper punch.
It too is retired from Stampin' Up! and I'm not 
certain of the exact name, 
maybe it was simply "Label" ?

Thanks for looking =) 

2 comments:

  1. both cards are fabulous -the second one is really cool with the 3 tags-- an idea I would like to 'steal'! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great and very versatile! Your watercoloring is wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)