Thursday, January 10, 2013

Pet Sympathy Card - cat


Sadly, another friend lost her long time companion recently.....


All supplies used on this project are from Stampin'Up! although some are now retired.
Meow Meow stamp set
Whisper White card stock
Silver Metallic card stock
Silver Metallic Encore ink
Going Gray and Pink Pirouette inks
heart eyelet
hearts border embossing folder strip

The pink "tree" in the background is another one of my projects, made and entered into a contest earlier this year. Click here if you'd like to see how to make my Pets Memory Tree - Tree Of Love. I designed it to display photos of my pets and was happy with how it turned out. To see a few more projects I've made in memory of my pets that have passed on, click on these links:

Memory Box - Cassie
    Spring
    Summer
     Fall
    Winter
Memory Box- Mulligan
Memory Box- Ringo
      Winter
      Spring
      Summer
      Fall
Framed 12x12 Scrapbook Page - all the pets
Memory Frame - Printers Tray, all the pets







I used a border embossing folder to make the heart background piece, but I had to make some adjustments to get it to work. I don't have a full heart background embossing folder, so I made do with what I had. It worked well enough.



Lay the embossed piece face down on the recessed
side of the embossing folder. Line it up and gently push 
the hearts back out into the recessed areas of the embossing folder.









Here is another way to make several strips of embossing -
without smashing down any of the previously embossed designs.

Make strips of chipboard to just cover the embossing images
on the folder, top and bottom.
Depending on your machine, you may need to add extra shims.




"Sandwich" for my machine.
oops, I forgot to type in EMBOSSING FOLDER
on the image above ! The card stock would be 
sandwiched between the two sides of the folder
with your homemade chipboard shims on either
side of that. 




Thanks for looking =) 

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful sympathy card. So sorry for your friends furry loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, so sad for someone losing a pet. It's a great card- thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a wonderful card for such a sad occasion! I love the panels of hearts and the sweet kitty on the banner!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)