Sunday, February 17, 2013

OWHVCMP - Chevrons




"My challenge for you is to make cards using Zig Zag elements (or more properly known as Chevrons). There's many ways to spice up your cards with chevrons - Stamps, Scissors, Rulers, or even Paper."




I have no Chevron patterned papers or embellishments whatsoever. I know, I know - get in style, use what's current now that it is 2013 ! I've still so many supplies that were trendy in the past to finish using up, I didn't feel I needed to jump on that band wagon yet, ha ha.

So for this challenge, I made do by cutting a mask from scrap paper and sponging on a zig zag design on an Easter egg shaped card.

The greeting is from Whimsical Words by Stampin' Up! as are the two punches I used to create the tag. I'm not sure where I got the ribbon.
Clear rhinestone accents. various classic inks, some retired, from Stampin' Up! were sponged onto the Whisper White card stock.

I'm not sure how often it happens to you, but many times I think I am done with a project , I take a photo then as I am working on resizing it to share, I don't like it as well. This is one of those cards. I think I should have left a little gap between each color and maybe filled the entire egg with color........

Thanks for looking =) Be sure to visit the other fantastic creations from this challenge linked on the Hostess' page here:




Below are some photos showing how I made the zig zag pattern mask
if you are interested.  It's the only way I could think of to make this
using what I had in my craft dungeon.















2 comments:

  1. Wow - you really put a lot of time & effort into this card. I love the effect of masking and stamping because the chevrons really blend one into the other. Great job! Thanks for playing along in my challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so creative and I love the sponging!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)