Sunday, February 17, 2013

OWHVCMP - Vanilla Cream with Selective Embossing









http://bunnyscrap.blogspot.com/2013/02/presidents-day-vcmp-feb-2013.html  "Your challenge is to create a card that has the texture omit or selective embossing. Use any shape you want and have fun!!"


"My theme for today is All White/Cream with 3 Layers."



Two lovely challenges (be sure to visit the Hostess' blogs to see their amazing samples as well as links to all of the other challenge participants cards, wow!) that I combined into one.

Whisper White and Very Vanilla card stock, stamp, Stripes embossing folder, large polka dot Texturz plate and Empressor stylus were all from Stampin' Up!   Vanilla grosgrain ribbon from my hoard. 
Brilliance Platinum ink and clear embossing powder for the sentiment.

I probably didn't do the selective embossing quite as the Hostess intended, but this is what I immediately thought of doing. I had to run the Stripes embossing folder through the Big SHot twice, carefully lining the previously embossed image up, to make it wide enough for my card stock. The lines on the embossing folder don't run the way I wanted to make them on my card, so I had to do a bit of creative maneuvering to make it work. I used a Texturz plate and stylus to create the large polka dots on the top portion by hand rather than run it through the Big Shot and risk having it shift out of place. 

Thanks for looking =)  

2 comments:

  1. Heather - thanks for participating in the white/cream challenge. I like how you used both white and cream to add dimension. You did a great job aligning the stripes on the bottom half of your card. I know there are times I want the design to go on the wide side of the card -- and one has to get creative and you did also with the stylus and texture plate. I really like the combo of stripes and polka dots. I also like how you placed the ribbon to highlight your sentiment. Having each of the bows at opposite ends adds a nice touch. Thanks again for playing along.

    Sharon S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I love the ribbon setting the two different embossings apart!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to leave your comments. I hope I've inspired you to get a bit crafty today ;)